How to verify your Skrill account
Skrill has certain limitations on money transfers (deposits, withdrawals, internal transfers) for unverified accounts. Basic limits for a new account are quite low (€ 2500 - total amount for transactions). Therefore, you will not be comforably using Skrill with these limits. That's why:
- to increase limits for Skrill account and prepaid Mastercard,
- to increase security of your online wallet,
- to request FREE VIP Silver status or get it on special conditions
- you need to pass verification of your account which consists of 3 stages: identity, address, and account ownership.
So, you can pass verification using one of the below options:
- through Skrill mobile app - the fastest method;
- with your Facebook account;
- in your Skrill personal account using webcam;
- upload the required documents in your Skrill personal account (not the fastest but the most convenient way).
How to verify Skrill account in mobile app
The fastest way to verify Skrill account is to use its mobile app. You need to pass 3 stages: identity verification, address verification, and account ownership (selfie).
However, there is one thing you should know. To pass verification in Skril mobile app you need to deposit at least $10. After that a window to scan your documents will appear. Let's review it step by step:
How to pass Skrill verification using webcam
Webcam Skrill verification is also quite fast. Using your webcam, you need to take pictures of your documents identifying yourself, and your selfie. However, address verification should be passed with geolocation or by uploading the appropriate document in your Skrill account.
To pass account verification with a webcam, you need to:
- allow browser to use your webcam on Skrill website;
- your webcam needs to have the min. resolution of 640 х 480.
How to pass Skrill account verification by uploading documents in personal account
This type of verification takes more time compared to app and webcam verification. However, it is the most convenient one as long as it allows to pass all stages at the same time.
To pass account verification by uploading documents, you need to:
Documents you need to verify your Skrill account
To pass full account verification, you need to prepare certain scanned color copies of your documents in advance.
Color copy of your national or international passport (first and second pages), driving license, or ID card - one document on your discretion. Black & white copies are not accepted.
A document confirming your address should be issued by any government or financial institution not older than 3 months (90 days) before providing it to Skrill. This can be:
- utility bill with your name on it;
- bank statement including:
— your full name;
— address, which you indicated while registering your Skrill account;
— bank seal.
The copy of your ID must be of high quality, clearly visible, and readable.
Weight of your document should not exceed 5 mb each with JPG or PNG format (for bank statements it is allowed to use PDF). The image itself should be min. 8000 х 8000 pixels.
Join now and enjoy exclusive benefits for your Skrill account!
If you already have a Skrill account, proceed to step 2 and complete the form.